lunedì 28 luglio 2014

1: Los Angeles!

Among the different types of annoyances you could find on a plane I found the fat guy: large as his whole seat, with his arms claiming property over as much space as possible, that made me shrink myself into a definitely uncomfortable position on the already tight spot of an economic seat. This was probably the third biggest annoyance I found during my to-be almost-20-hour trip which became an over-22-hour one because of a plane delay when I was waiting in New Jersey; last annoyance - how much air conditioning do you need in planes? Holy crap, thankfully I had a blanket.

Complaints apart, my trip has finally met its initial destination without the dreaded immigration check delays (good kid face for the win!), and no bag lost. I forced myself to read an entire book to try and stay awake as much as possible and fight jet lag; however, I went to bed at half past three in the morning which in Italy time is half past noon, 28+ hours after I woke up yesterday. United States, here I am, writing from Camilla's computer in the teaching assistants office in Royce Hall, UCLA and the journey is about to start.

Plane delay! 9:11 to 10:45

Tra i differenti tipi di fastidi che si possono trovare su un aereo ho beccato il ciccione: largo come il suo sedile, con le braccia che reclamano possesso su quanto spazio possibile, che mi ha costretto a stringermi in una posizione decisamente scomoda nel mio gia` stretto posto di classe economica. Questo e` stato probabilmente il terzo fastidio maggiore nel mio viaggio di 20 ore teoriche, diventato invece di oltre 22 per un ritardo aereo mentre attendevo in New Jersey; ultimo fastidio, di quanta aria condizionata avete bisogno negli aerei? Porco cane, per fortuna avevo una coperta.

Lamentele a parte, il mio viaggio ha finalmente raggiunto la destinazione iniziale senza i temuti ritardi del controllo immigrazione (la faccia da bravo bimbo vince!) e nessuna valigia smarrita. Mi sono sforzato di leggere un intero libro per provare a rimanere sveglio quanto possibile e combattere il jet lag; comunque sono andato a dormire alle tre e mezza di mattina passate che in orario italiano e` mezzogiorno e mezzo, ventotto e piu` ore dopo la mia sveglia di ieri. Stati Uniti, eccomi qui, che scrivo dal computer di Camilla nell'ufficio degli assistenti a Royce Hall, UCLA, e il viaggio sta per cominciare.

Tommi

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento