sabato 26 luglio 2014

Kind of / Circa

There are two bad moments in every holiday: leaving and coming back, aka "my bag is still empty and I'm running late" and "I'd sell a kidney not to go back to work". Today I dived head first into the first one. Now the bag is kind of ready, the house is kind of clean and tidied, the things I had to do are kind of complete...

Day -1 has come and gone, my twenty hours journey is approaching and one can only hope everything goes smoothly. Companions for the day, "a dance with dragons" by George R.R. Martin, "on the water" by Guy de Maupassant, a tiny iPod shuffle and, I hope, nobody annoying seated beside me.

I'll need to try to sleep as little as possible cause I'll get to my destination at midnight and I hope to fight back my jet lag; it's going to be tough considered that two weeks ago in Barcelona I fell asleep while we were still on the ground!

Time to go!
Tommi

Ci sono due brutti momenti in ogni vacanza: partire e tornare, detti anche "la valigia è ancora vuota e sono in ritardo" e "venderei un rene per non tornare al lavoro". Oggi mi sono tuffato di testa nel primo. Ora la valigia è circa pronta, la casa è circa pulita e in ordine, le cose da fare sono circa a posto...

Il giorno -1 è arrivato e se n'è andato, il mio viaggio di venti ore si avvicina e si può solo sperare che tutto vada liscio. Compagni per la giornata, "a dance with dragons" di George R.R. Martin, "sul fiume e altri racconti" di Guy de Maupassant, un minuscolo iPod shuffle e, spero, nessuno di fastidioso seduto accanto a me.

Dovrò cercare di dormire il meno possibile perché arriverò a destinazione a mezzanotte e spero di combattere il jet lag; sarà difficile considerato che due settimane fa a Barcellona mi sono addormentato mentre eravamo ancora al suolo!

Ora di andare!
Tommi

2 commenti:

  1. Have a nice trip, Tommy! Don't worry! Be happy! And come back, please! I love you! Mum

    RispondiElimina